Tuesday 3 June 2008

Face ache...


... from laughing, scanning horizons, crying. The eclectic mix that makes the content of this group of keen cetologists is fascinating... But as all Belbin-tested employees know, it takes that sort of mix to make a special team... I thought that I would cry when I saw my first dolphin (which was the first sighting this year for the CRU) instead I screamed... The teddy bear rumper suits, and the talcum powder used to squeak us into our dry suits is perfect for regressive therapy. We all behave like children - squealing, giggling and eating cakes. Such delight and wonder is constant here. The generosity and tolerance of the leaders (nannies) is fathomless, as is the wine cellar at Tescos. There are so many experiences lined up for all of us from driving the boat; hanging off the viewing platform; having young dolphins with fetal creases, glide past holding their mum's flipper; seeing and smelling a Minke's blow; walking to the gannetry...........
The sunset is from outside our house on the first day, my first (scream!) dolphin and Amber hula hooping. Don't ask...

No comments: